Films released since January 2018 ….
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Girl on the Third Floor (2019)

Unread post by Krappy » 1 year ago

Bursting pipes, rotting walls, and unidentifiable slime were not what Don Koch (WWE legend Phil “CM Punk” Brooks) expected when he convinced his wife Liz (Trieste Kelly Dunn of Showtime’s “Banshee” and “Applesauce”) that he could rehab their new Victorian home himself. In over his head, under duress, and tempted by his old weaknesses, Don soon discovers that the house has its own dark, sordid history and won’t be so easy to renovate after all…

Dark Sky Films distributes in the US.
Filmed in Illinois.
The film stars Phil Brooks, who is best known as retired wrestler CM Punk.
Written and directed by Travis Stevens (producer of We Are Still Here, Starry Eyes, Big Ass Spider!), making his directorial debut.
The Queensbury Pictures production stars C.M. Punk, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Sarah Brooks and Elissa Dowling.
“After many years nurturing the creative vision of other talented storytellers, I’m both grateful and humbled to receive the support of Queensbury Pictures, MPI Media, and all the cast and crew who have crossed the threshold of this very strange, incredibly beautiful, and unflinchingly terrifying house,” Director Travis Stevens said.
Dark Sky Films released Girl on the Third Floor on VOD in the USA on October 25th 2019.

DIRECTOR: Travis Stevens

Girl on the Third Floor – USA, 2019

‘Girl on the Third Floor’ Star Phil “CM Punk” Brooks Dishes on Acting, Horror and Chicago Pizza [Interview]

SXSW 2019 Review: GIRL ON THE THIRD FLOOR Reminds Us That You Can’t Escape the Ghosts of the Past

BUFF ‘19 REVIEW: “GIRL ON THE THIRD FLOOR” SHOWS LOVE FOR PRACTICAL EFFECTS

ImageImageImage

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 6 months ago

Girl on the Third Floor is a fairly good low budget Haunted House movie with some pretty good practical effects and gore, the story may not be a new one but give this one a chance and I think it’ll grow on you ……..Check my review and see if you agree.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 5 months ago

Directed by Travis Stevens
Starring Phil “CM Punk” Brooks, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Sarah Brooks, Elissa Dowling, Karen Woditsch, Travis Delgado, Marshall Bean, Anish Jethmalani

Don Koch (Phil “CM Punk” Brooks) tries to renovate a rundown house with a sordid history for his growing family, only to learn that the house has other plans.

Girl on the Third Floor will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on January 7, 2020.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 4 months ago

Girl on the Third Floor: CM Punk, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Travis Stevens Interview

One of the big thrills of covering film festivals is meeting new talent and then watching them flourish over the years. Way back in 2013 I met someone for the first time at SXSW - Travis Stevens. I got to sit down with Stevens for a movie he produced called Cheap Thrills. At the time, he already had a number of producing credits on his resume and after that interview, he never slowed down, adding one daring horror film to the list after the next through his production company Snowfort Pictures. He’s a prolific producer taking a chance on bold projects that I suspect might have a very tough time securing a green light without his support. But now it’s his turn.

Girl on the Third Floor marks Stevens’ feature directorial debut. It stars Phil Brooks (aka CM Punk) as Don Koch, a man who leaves his pregnant wife so he can spend some time sprucing up an old Victorian home for his growing family. Trouble is, their new home sweet home has a dark past, and it knows exactly how to lure Don towards that darkness.

With Girl on the Third Floor celebrating its premiere at SXSW, I got the chance to catch up with the whole group behind the film! Stevens, Brooks and co-stars Elissa Dowling, Trieste Kelly Dunn, Sarah Brooks, and Travis Delgado all visited the Collider Studio to talk about their haunted shooting location, why Brooks opted to jump into his first leading role, filming a horror movie right next door to a church, and loads more. You can catch all of that and watch the group play a round of “Collider Random Questions” in this video interview.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Previous topicNext topic