Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)

Films released between now and 2016 …
Previous topicNext topic
jemiNii

Administrator

Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)

Unread post by jemiNii » 1 year ago

Ouija: Origin of Evil is a 2016 American supernatural horror film directed by Mike Flanagan and
written by Flanagan and Jeff Howard. The film is a prequel to the 2014 film Ouija and stars
Elizabeth Reaser, Annalise Basso, Lulu Wilson, Henry Thomas, Parker Mack and Doug Jones.

It was released on October 21, 2016 by Universal Studios. It received generally positive reviews from
critics while many praised the film as an improvement over its predecessor, marking it the first Hasbro
film, as well as the first Platinum Dunes film, to be well received by critics, and has grossed over $46
million.

STORY:
In 1965 Los Angeles, a widowed mother and her two daughters add a new stunt to bolster their seance
scam business and unwittingly invite authentic evil into their home. When the youngest daughter is
overtaken by a merciless spirit, the family confronts unthinkable fears to save her and send her
possessor back to the other side.

DIRECTOR: Mike Flanagan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4361050/
+

REVIEWS:

Roger Ebert

The Guardian

ImageImageImageImage

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

jemiNii

Administrator

Unread post by jemiNii » 1 year ago

I expected garbage and was pleasantly surprised - much better than it's predecessor - I recommend you give this one a watch ....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dwest

Elite

Unread post by dwest » 1 year ago

In this one I have an opposite opinion to JEM :) ...I found it boring and annoying, as Flanagan tries to immitate Wan with that retro stuff, except that this one was empty & predictably safe family movie. I liked director before - with great flicks Absentia & Oculus, but all what he releases after is commercial crap for me - 3 equally bland movies in 1 year (Ouija, Hush, Before I Wake).
I even liked that 2 yrs older Ouija precedessor better than this, at least it was just plain teen-horror flick, that wasn´t trying to act like something special. ;)
4/10

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Malveros

Unread post by Malveros » 1 year ago

Conflicting views. Now I am gonna have to watch this one today. The first one wasn't too bad.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Verc

Great Britain

Unread post by Verc » 1 year ago

Flanagan just came onto my radar. Will do my usual op and try and work through the films by this director in chronological order. Might be a couple of weeks before I get to this but wouldn't have thought much longer as I already made a start. Just had a slightly confusing prequel experience (on a franchise) so glad it is confirmed this one is such, therefore, I will watch it logically before the original, thanks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Krappy

Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 8 months ago

Ouija Origin of Evil - Movie Review

GoodBadFlicks reviews Ouija Origin of Evil, the vastly superior sequel to a terrible movie. Directed by Mike Flanagan of Hush and Oculus.

Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016) - Movie Review #HPP

Bloodbath and Beyond reviews the horror movie Ouija: Origin of Evil directed by Mike Flanagan and starring Elizabeth Reaser, Lulu Wilson, and Annalise Basso.

OUIJA 2: ORIGIN OF EVIL (2016) Review SPOILERS

Ouija 2: Origin of Evil is out today in theaters just in time for Halloween. Check out my SPOILER review to find out my thoughts, and welcome Jamye to the channel!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Krappy

Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 8 months ago

OUIJA 2: ORIGIN OF EVIL (2016) Ending Explained + Connections to the First Film

On this Ending Explained, we’re digging into the twist ending of Ouija 2: Origin of Evil as well as exploring its main connections to the first film (Ouija)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Previous topicNext topic
United Horror Fans BBS : Disclaimer