New films coming to theaters or video …
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Wrong Turn (2020)

Unread post by Krappy » 2 weeks ago

A cross-country hiking expedition puts a group of friends in the land of an inclusive society, where they soon discover they are under a different rule of law, and may not be the victims they thought they were.

Director Mike P. Nelson gave an update via social media that the project is now in post-production, saying: “The last three months have been absolutely insane. I can’t wait to show you all what we have been creating. Movie #2 blessed me yet again with such an amazing crew and a cast that carried the weight of this beast. Long nights in the woods, moldy caverns, moss-covered boulders, and skulls was our world for the hasty and dense 26-day shoot. This project was also special as it reunited me with my good friend, DP and collaborator @njunkersfeld [Nick Junkersfeld]. Over the last 10 years, Nick and I have been creating madness in Minnesota and I cannot wait to show you the madness we have created in Ohio with this one. Now onto the edit!” (11/4/19)
Filmed in Ohio.
Charlotte Vega (American Assassin, The Lodgers) plays the lead role of “Jes.”
The villains in this film are referred to as “The Foundation,” and are described as “a community of people who have lived in the mountains since before the Civil War – oh, and they don’t take well to strangers…”
One of the film’s producer’s was quoted saying: “Alan’s re -interpretation of his own work and Mike’s vision are a frightening reflection of our world today: one person’s American dream is another’s worst nightmare.” (10/15/18)
Alternate synopsis: “Friends hiking the Appalachian Trail are confronted by ‘The Foundation’, a community of people who have lived in the mountains for hundreds of years.”
Directed by Mike P. Nelson (The Domestics).
This remake is being described as “a timely and topical meditation on society and its issues.”
Original writer of the first film, Alan McElroy, returns to script.
This is a remake of the 2003 film with the same name, which spawned five sequels.

DIRECTOR: Mike P. Nelson

Wrong Turn – USA, 2020

That’s a Wrap for the WRONG TURN Remake! Director Shares Image & Thanks

Filming Has Wrapped on the New ‘Wrong Turn’ Movie; Here’s Everything We Know

The Next ‘Wrong Turn’ Film Has Wrapped Shooting

Trailer Not Available At This Time

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links