Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Platform, The (2019)

Unread post by Krappy » 2 months ago

AKA El hoyo

In The Platform, a man wakes up in a dystopian vertical prison with a stranger as a cellmate. Each day, a platform of food descends from above, containing only whatever was not eaten by the upper levels. Every few weeks, the prisoners are switched to another level. As the level number increases, the chance of getting any form of sustenance is grimly diminished. No one knows how many levels there are, but there’s definitely not enough food for all of them.

The Platform is director Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia’s first feature film.
“The Platform is a twisted social allegory about mankind at its darkest and hungriest,” Netflix’s description reads.
The Platform hit Netflix on March 20th, 2020.

DIRECTOR: Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia

The Platform – Spain, 2019

TIFF Review: ‘The Platform’ Takes it to a Whole Other Level

TIFF19: THE PLATFORM REVIEW

[Review] Netflix’s ‘The Platform’ Is Grotesque and Compelling Horror Satire

ImageImage

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 1 month ago

I knew The Platform was going to be good BUT I did’t think it was going to be THAT GOOD………If you’re a fan of The Cube Franchise or Snowpiercer or dare I even say The Human Centipede you’re going to absolutely love this crazy flick……check my review and see if you agree with me…….I guarantee you’ll watch this flick multiple times!!

In the Netflix hit horror film THE PLATFORM, prisoners in an elaborate vertical facility watch as inmates above are fed and the lower levels starve. Learn all about the true meaning of the film’s plot and ending, along with breaking down lead character Goreng’s journey and its surprising connections to Don Quixote.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 1 month ago

Social media is flipping out over the Spanish sci-fi/horror flick The Platform, which secured its stateside release through Netflix. The film is being called a perfect parable for our troubled times, not to mention a taut, unblinking, merciless thriller.

When the Netflix original film The Platform dropped in February 2020, the Spanish horror-thriller quickly generated a ton of buzz for its unique dystopian setting and the prescient symbolism at the core of the narrative.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Previous topicNext topic