Films released since January 2018 ….
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Swallow (2019)

Unread post by Krappy » 4 months ago

On the surface, Hunter (Haley Bennett) appears to have it all. A newly pregnant housewife, she seems content to spend her time tending to an immaculate home and doting on her Ken-doll husband, Richie (Austin Stowell). However, as the pressure to meet her controlling in-laws and husband’s rigid expectations mounts, cracks begin to appear in her carefully created facade. Hunter develops a dangerous habit, and a dark secret from her past seeps out in the form of a disorder called pica – a condition that has her compulsively swallowing inedible, and oftentimes life-threatening, objects. A provocative and squirm-inducing psychological thriller, Swallow follows one woman’s unraveling as she struggles to reclaim independence in the face of an oppressive system by whatever means possible.

Written and directed by Carlo Mirabella-Davis.
The film stars Haley Bennett (THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, THE HAUNTING OF MOLLY HARTLEY), Austin Stowell (BLUMHOUSE’S FANTASY ISLAND, COLOSSAL), and Denis O’Hare (AMERICAN HORROR STORY). Elizabeth Marvel joins them along with David Rasche, Lauren Vélez, Zabryna Guevara, Laith Nakli, Babak Tafti, and Nicole Kang.
Swallow is described as a “feminist horror film,” with Haley Bennett in the lead role.
Swallow was released in select theaters and on VOD platforms on March 6, 2020, from IFC Films.

DIRECTOR: Carlo Mirabella-Davis

Writer-Director Carlo Mirabella-Davis Takes An Unflinching Look Into ‘Swallow’ And Mental Illness

Swallow – USA, 2019

Battling for Control in the Face of Trauma in ‘Swallow’

2019 FANTASTIC FEST REVIEW: “SWALLOW” DELIVERS ON ITS PROMISE

ImageImageImage

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 2 months ago

I felt so bad for this poor women, and even though this is a fictional movie the fact is that this sort of situation happens everyday, and the things people will do to themselves to get thru the pain they’re in by using a different type of pain is more terrifying than any horror movie…….I try my best to give my thoughts on this Phantastically acted movie and I definitely recommend you include this movie into your “ Must Watch” list.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Previous topicNext topic