Films released since January 2018 ….
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Snatchers (2019)

Unread post by Krappy » 5 months ago

Sara is one of the cool kids; she’s got the right friends, makes the right jokes… and is totally terrified of losing her status. She’d be a lot more secure if she could win back her super-hot ex, Skyler, but he’s not interested unless they move to the next level. Sara decides to take the plunge without protection, but soon discovers Skyler isn’t just horny like a normal teenage boy. Something changed on his summer trip to Mexico. Something… extraterrestrial!

When Sara wakes up the next morning nine-months pregnant, she turns to the only person she can trust: her nerdy ex-best friend, Hayley. The girls soon realize this alien problem is only just the beginning. Ultimately, this is a story of a teenage girl finding her self-worth and learning to accept her choices… by killing aliens and saving the world!

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment distributes in the US.
Described as a horror-comedy “in the vein of MEAN GIRLS, GREMLINS, and SHAUN OF THE DEAD about friendship, self-worth, and aliens!”
Co-produced, edited and directed by Stephen Cedars and Benji Kleiman from a screenplay co-written with Scott Yacyshyn. Snatchers is based on their TV series of the same name and 2015 short film.
Warner Home Video released Snatchers on digital platforms January 7, 2020, with a DVD and Blu-ray combo pack set for February 18, 2020.

DIRECTORS: Stephen Cedars, Benji Kleiman

SNATCHERS DIRECTORS REVEAL HOW THEIR BIG SISTERS INSPIRED THE PREGNANT-WITH-AN-ALIEN COMEDY

Snatchers – USA, 2019

SXSW Film Review: ‘Snatchers’

SXSW 2019: SNATCHERS Review – An ‘80s Throwback

ImageImage

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 1 month ago

There are so many amazing films at SXSW it’s easy to miss some. Fortunately we spotted Snatchers in the booklet and after reading how it was about a girl impregnated by an alien we had to head over to the state theater for a midnight showing.

Snatchers is a hilarious horror/comedy with a bit of scifi-action. A cautionary tale about visiting Mexico and having unprotected intercourse. The film is co-directed by Benji and Steven who having been friends since 4th grade have amazing chemistry as co-directors. They started in sketch comedy with Scott Yacyshyn and together they co-wrote the film.

We were able to set up a quick interview after the second screening but only after the theater kicked us out. We hope you enjoy the interview and hopefully we can bring you more in the future.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy
Global Editor
Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 1 week ago

There are so many amazing films at SXSW it’s easy to miss some. Fortunately, we spotted Snatchers in the booklet and after reading how it was about a girl impregnated by an alien we had to head over to the state theater for a midnight showing.

Snatchers is a hilarious horror/comedy with a bit of scifi-action. A cautionary tale about visiting Mexico and having unprotected intercourse, the film is co-directed by Benji Kleiman and Stephen Cedars who having been friends since 4th grade have amazing chemistry. They started in sketch comedy with Scott Yacyshyn and together they co-wrote the film. For me the strongest elements of the movie were the jokes. They were always just one step ahead of the audience and had the theater roaring.

I think “Phantastic” pretty much sums this crazy creature feature up!! If you like gore and good-times then you’re going to love Snatchers, I sure know I did……Check my review and see if you agree with me.

After status-obsessed teen Sara has sex for the first time, she wakes up the next day nine months pregnant-with an alien.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Previous topicNext topic