Devil's Doorway, The (2018)

Films released between now and 2016 …
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Krappy

Global Editor

Devil's Doorway, The (2018)

Unread post by Krappy » 4 months ago

What unholy terrors lurk behind the walls of a secretive Irish convent? Northern Ireland, 1960: Father Thomas Riley (Lalor Roddy) and Father John Thornton (Ciaran Flynn) are dispatched by the Vatican to investigate reports of a miracle—a statue of the Virgin Mary weeping blood—at a remote Catholic asylum for “immoral” women. Armed with 16mm film cameras to record their findings, the priests instead discover a depraved horror show of sadistic nuns, satanism, and demonic possession. Supernatural forces are at work here—but they are not the doing of God. Inspired by the infamous true histories of Magdalene Laundries—in which “fallen women” were held captive by the Irish Catholic Church—this found footage occult shocker is a chilling encounter with unspeakable evil.

DIRECTOR: Aislinn Clarke

The Devil’s Doorway – UK, 2018

The Church Has Suppressed the Trailer for ‘The Devil’s Doorway’ [Cinepocalypse]

IFC Midnight Releases THE DEVIL’S DOORWAY Trailer and Poster

‘The Devil’s Doorway’ Trailer Unleashes Unholy Terrors

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

+

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy

Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 3 months ago

The Devils Doorway (2018) Trailer review - Now this is what a possession flick should look like!!

The Devils Doorway (2018) Is what a possession movie should look like, old school and creepy as hell!! If this one doesn’t give you goosebumps I don’t know what will.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Verc

Great Britain

Unread post by Verc » 2 months ago

I watched this last night. It builds up rather slowly but this is done well plot building and the occasional well spaced jump. Again, the film is very well paced and builds up to a genuinely chilling final scene with a slight twist at the very end. The ratings seem to have gone down a lot since the review you added which is a shame because I was as impressed with the whole movie as he was with the trailer. All I can think is some folks switched off because it didn’t move quite as quickly as they had expected. The concept of the priests making their own film is kept to the fore throughout which kind of puts you right in there with them at times. This approach delivers a strong realistic sense of claustrophobia and panic. There is a subtlety to how the whole thing fits together which I really like and has inspired me to check out Director Aislinn Clarke’s previous work; three separately made shorts. Looking forward to her next effort which I would be surprised if it was not horror of some kind. :clap:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic Author
Krappy

Global Editor

Unread post by Krappy » 1 week ago

In the fall of 1960, the Vatican sent two priests, Father Thomas Riley (Lalor Roddy, Grabbers, Hunger) and Father John Thornton (Ciaran Flynn, The Survivalist, Primeval), to investigate a statue of the Virgin Mary weeping blood in a rural Irish convent, a “Magdalene laundry” that serves as a religious asylum for prostitutes, the mentally disabled, and unmarried pregnant women. In hopes of capturing photographic evidence of this apparent miracle, Father Thornton films their inquiry with a portable 16mm camera. However, the resident Mother Superior denies knowledge of any supernatural phenomenon and her impious views toward her wards, and the nuns’ cruel treatment of them, shock both priests. When the priests finally gather indisputable evidence of a potential miracle, it leads to an exhaustive search of the convent’s grounds, where they discover Kathleen O’Brien (Lauren Coe, The Halcyon, Lie Of You), a 16-year-old pregnant girl exhibiting signs of demonic possession, leading the priests to question whether the omens witnessed have been the work of God … or Satan.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Previous topicNext topic
United Horror Fans BBS : Disclaimer