The Craft: Legacy (2020)

Movies and TV shows coming to a theater or VOD service soon ....
Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Krappy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:19 am

In Blumhouse’s continuation of the cult hit The Craft, an eclectic foursome of aspiring teenage witches get more than they bargained for as they lean into their newfound powers.

Cailee Spaeny (Pacific Rim: Uprising, Bad Times at the El Royale) is in negotiations to star in the film.
Actress-turned-director Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces, Band Aid) is said to be co-writing and directing the remake. (3/27/19)
It looks like this project is rumored to be back in development, with Blumhouse now producing the pic. It's said to be once again be a remake of the original. Previously this was going to be a sequel of sorts, set 20 years after the events of the first movie and follow a new set of girls discovering their powers. (3/26/19)
Leigh Janiak (Honeymoon) was originally attached to direct and co-write with writing partner Phil Graziadei.
Original producer Doug Wick returns to once again produce.
This project has been in development for several years and was originally developed as a remake of the original. Over time it transitioned into a sequel, but it's believed to be a remake that acknowledges the original AKA "reboot".
The Craft: Legacy will be available widely on PVOD on October 28th, 2020.

IMDb

Director: Zoe Lister-Jones

MOVIES and MANIA

Fans Aren’t Digging the Trailer for THE CRAFT: LEGACY
Dread Central

How ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Invokes the Spirit of Legacy and Utilizes Authentic Witchcraft [Set Visit]
Bloody Disgusting

The Craft Legacy (2020).jpg

The cast and filmmakers reveal how they honored the original movie with their continuation. The Craft: Legacy premieres everywhere on demand October 28.

+

Verc
Staff
Staff

Re: The Craft: Legacy (2020)

Post by Verc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:14 pm

So it was a remake then a sequel then looks like they settled on reboot, okay I think I've got it. Sounds like they did some rethinking whilst it was stalling for periods. Anyway probably one of those rare reboots that I am actually looking forward to. Part of original production team involved again swings it for me. As does the bit about authentic witchcraft...interesting. I saw the original at least twice on TV was good fun as I recall.

Krappy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The Craft: Legacy (2020)

Post by Krappy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:16 pm

Updated With VIGNETTE :skull: